noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Totally overrated

Experience. It's invalueable and we should do anything to earn it. This is true. However, these experiences are often attained at no cost to the employer. Lucky them.

I'm currently interning at one of Canada's largest Brand Management companies. This is a fabulous opportunity. I'm learning a lot by observing industry experts in their element and sitting in on internal meetings and the like. This is, however, wreaking havoc on my sleeping patterns (the early wake-ups) and not being particularly helpful to my bank account.

I'm glad that I enjoy what I'm doing (this will not occur come May when I go back to being a minion for the TTC) but I miss the biweekly paycheques. It's what we live for as employees. So that said, regardless of how monotonous and frustrating working at the TTC is, there is one large advantage - it pays. And seeing as how the seed has been planted in my head of a very nice graduate degree from an American University, well, I need to start saving...BIG TIME.

The moral? Find a job you like and that replenishes your bank account biweekly. [Note to self: follow own advice]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home