noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Techniques in "How to put a class to sleep" (aka Advanced Dispute Resolution)

So it's January (way to state the obvious, right?) and Ottawa has dedicated this month to one, mandatory class for first years - Advanced Dispute Resolution (ADR). It's 4 hours of mental torture and agony. I feel like I'm back in kindergarten except for the fact that in kindergarten, I was allowed to go to the bathroom. It's seriously no wonder that they take attendance 3 times per class because we'd all bail if they didn't...but maybe they're doing this to make sure that we still have a pulse (in which case, it may not be such a bad idea after all). While I appreciate having the day free after 12:30pm to do as I please, the 8:30am start times are killing me.

I've also found that I'm really good at wasting time. This is a skill that I have almost perfected, but alas it's not exactly something to write home about or put on one's resume. Anyways, as if MSN and Facebook, combined with all the television that I watch already weren't enough, I decided to start watching the one sport that I've never bothered to learn about - football. Guess how I've been spending my weekends lately? That's right, watching football. Yesterday, I looked up at my clock after the Giants-Eagles game and was absolutely horrified by the fact that it read 8pm! Where had my day gone? But don't cry any tears for me. I'm quite enjoying it. I've decided that I quite like Tom Brady and as such, am rooting for the Patriots. We'll see if any of the teams I root for have a shot this year. In the year of the NHL labour dispute (because we can never count on my Leafs to win, they haven't in 40 years) the teams I adopted as my own all won their respective Championships. Last year was a different story, if I liked you, you lost. Hopefully this is not the case this year but we'll see.

Anyways, I think I'm going to work out the ill effects of this morning's class with some television. Hopefully that will wake me up so that I can do it all again tomorrow. Joy [note sarcasm]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home