noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What will 2007 bring?

I read my horoscope daily. Just a tip for those of you out there looking for a good one: check out the Toronto Star. It's eery sometimes. I've always wanted to go see a psychic and get my future told. I'm not one for surprises and I've always been the first to say that patience is not a virtue that I possess. That said, I have no idea what the future has in store. I'm just along for the ride and my fingers are crossed that everything works out in the end and that things happen for a reason.

Here's what my horoscope says:

You've been carrying too many responsibilities. It's been a challenging time, clouded by the sense of having to grind away without respite. The promise of much gain has fallen short of expectations. Then again, perhaps those expectations were too high, or perhaps they were the expectations of someone near and dear who's been driving you on like a donkey. Your ideal has been beyond reach. Even so, it has been a most productive time, providing new reserves of strength, tenacity and endurance. Be honest and admit there have been some glorious moments. They will provide the boost to blow away all woes. In 2007, you will make constructive changes to your inner and outer world, and also enjoy a glimpse of the perfect life. Allow your philosophical and reflective nature to blossom. Greater freedom and greater wisdom will reward your efforts. A redress regarding an unjust financial arrangement is in the cards.

Doesn't give me much in terms of direction. But it doesn't sound negative so that's a good thing. Come on guys, let's take a glass half-full perspective here.

So it's a new year. A "blank slate" if you will. Time to be ambitious and bold and declare that I will do this or accomplish that. It's been done before (i.e. every previous year) but what the heck, some things in life we do out of habit and making New Year's resolutions is one of them. With that said, here are mine:

1. Get in shape. (this is there every year, I haven't seen any improvement)
2. Remember to take time out to do the things I enjoy and have fun. Life can't be all about studying.
3. Live for the present and not for the future.
4. Spend more time outside of my room.
5. Spend less time on MSN. (yeah, again, not likely)
6. Don't concern myself with other people's business.
7. Keep up with my readings. (another thing that's not likely to happen)
8. Learn how to cook.
9. Do something entirely new. (I have issues with risk in that I dislike it)
10. Stop dwelling on past regrets and what ifs. (a harder task that you would think)
11. Work on lowering my fear of failure. (this is pretty entrenched fear so I'm seriously doubtful about this one)
12. Go on vacation or indulge myself in some other manner.

I think that's it. I'm sure I'll get a big hearty laugh out of this list this time next year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Note to 2007: You'd better be a good one ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever thought about squash? You can kill two birds with one stone, not that I condone hurting ugly and annoying birds in any way, shape, or form. I bought a squash racket and ball just yesterday, so I'm hoping to get into the sport myself. We can play if you come back in Toronto for the summer. Congrats on surviving your first semester of law school and living on your own! Happy 2007!

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home