noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Left in its wake

I finished up the inventory system I was working on rather early today so I got to leave early. Ordinarily I would hop on the first train home, but the weather is nice and I was dressed in comfortable shoes so I opted for a stroll down my favourite street, Bloor.

In case anyone is wondering, no I didn't see anyone famous. Never really do even though I have trolled around those places rather often and the stars are flocking into Hollywood North.

Didn't find anything at the Gap. Next stop on my walk was Roots. In the wake of the NHL strike, NHL merchandise has remained plentiful and on the shelves. Playoffs would have started up this week. But alas, everything about the game remains on ice. However, this has translated in sales on Leaf related merchandise. So I bought myself 2 Leaf shirts. Decent price, why not? Now I have an abundance of Leaf related paraphernalia. Hopefully I'll get a chance to wear it sometime...

The more distressing thing is this next admission...I think I may like NCAA basketball more than the NHL. *gasp*. It's true. I don't think I've ever seen something so exciting. It's such a shame that I don't go to a Division 1 school. Then I could sport their paraphernalia. In the style of UofT, Wake Forest actually has a t-shirt featuring "Basic Math". It has their team mascot (the Demon Deacon) and then a ">" Duke's team mascot (the Blue Devil). Excellent stuff.

I should stop buying Leaf gear. I need more Team Canada stuff so that's next on the list...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home