noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Sports Fanatic

I love chick flicks. My cousin and I went on a whim to see Fever Pitch today. That movie is the combination of my two of my favourite things - a good romanatic story and sports. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just for the record, I would NEVER have a problem if my boyfriend was a fanatical follower of a sports team that I too, enjoyed. If he had seasons tickets to the Leafs, I would pester him to go to as many games as possible with him. I'm guilty of my of the stuff that Jimmy Fallon's character Ben does in the movie. I really do schedule myself around hockey...or at least I used to when there was hockey being played. For the record, I watched all but 3 televised Leaf games last year. Sadly, they were ALL losses to the Flyers. I do bitch when we have dinners to go to on game nights. Don't people know?! LOL.

I need to get the fan ban version of Fever Pitch. So if someone knows where I can do that, please let me know.

I found my new favourite quotation. My new motto to live by:

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES." - Nike Inc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Edaja said...

Nice Quote. Nike does have a point to never give up.

There is a saying that if you get a chance in life, just drop it and run. Never look back.

Because some things, only happen once in a lifetime.

Jade~

11:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home