noun: a company that does research for hire and issues reports on the implications. So that's not quite what I am, but I do provide social commentary free of charge.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Ones Left Behind

*Sigh*

Being ever the disgruntled employee I must start off this post by saying I hate my job.

I feel like I'm being left behind. All my friends, my best friend especially, are off doing important things. Things that they would be proud writing home about. Things that interest them in some way, shape or form, or that will be beneficial to them going forward, be it for their resume or otherwise.

And here I am paying invoices at the TTC. Sure, I can take some solace in the fact that if it wasn't for my keen and quick ability to enter data into a computer system, some of my friends and their colleagues wouldn't be able to make it into work. Sure. But I'm not passionate about my work. It doesn't really help my resume since this is sadly summer number three doing this exact same thing.

I need a change. I need to breakaway. I need to feel important again.

People say that we were put on this earth for a reason. I would like to think that mine is more than this. Am I being melodramatic? Probably. I'm only 21, you say. I have my whole life ahead of me. I guess experiences like this serve as an impotis to do well in school and to be more than this. Be better than this.

I never thought that I was extraordinary. Never really aimed to be. I don't think I'm ordinary either. I don't want to be. Can't some employer just recognize that I'm somewhat "special" and give me a shot?

I like planning. I have back-up plans galore.

Planning is not the problem.

Execution is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home